Sexual Harassment Attorney in Akron, Ohio
Not only is sexual discrimination against federal and state civil rights laws, but it also creates an intolerable, degrading, and hostile work environment. No industry is immune to the acts of those in powerful positions who degrade and demean their co-workers. The U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission and labor laws protect individuals from workplace sexual harassment. Violation of these laws is a serious matter that can result in a hostile work environment. Don't suffer in silence. The Akron, Ohio Law Offices of F. Benjamin Riek III is committed to protecting worker's rights and to helping harassment victims seek justice. Contact a knowledgeable sexual harrassment attorney today.
At the Law Offices of F. Benjamin Riek III, we have represented hard-working professionals victimized by:
- Unwanted advances, physical touching/groping, comments, emails, and graphic sexual material
- Demands of some type of exchange for sexual favors, specifically a raise, promotion, or other privileges (quid pro quo)
Sexual harassment takes many forms. Individuals who are suffering from hostile work environments may worry about retaliation for speaking up. Fortunately, the law offers important protections to whistleblowers and to individuals who issue complaints and you may have additional rights if you face retaliation for making a complaint. What constitutes sexual harassment? Here are some examples:
- Repeated unwanted sexual advances, text messages, emails, phone calls, or propositions
- Sexual gestures, or displaying sexually suggestive objects or pictures in the workplace
- Use or slurs, jokes, or sexually derogatory comments
- Verbal abuse
- Suggestive or obscene comments
- Comments about a person's physical appearance or body
- Touching, assault, or blocking a person from moving freely in the workplace
Finally, if you feel that the harassment is continuing, or that you are facing retaliation for your actions, you have the right to contact a sexual harassment lawyer in Akron, Ohio who can help you fight for your rights. The Akron, Ohio lawyer, F. Benjamin Riek III works hard to protect employees facing harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
You may feel powerless now, but you have rights. You have the law on your side. Most importantly, you have an attorney at your side.
Ohio attorney F. Benjamin Riek III combines nearly 40 years of experience with a comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) laws. He is skilled in identifying illegal acts and building cases on behalf of harassment victims.
Take steps to end a hostile work environment today. Fill out our intake form or call a lawyer today.